Mark 3 Granada TCAs

Problems with your Mk3 Granada

Moderators: Garry Bottomley, Kevin

CosworthBob53

Mark 3 Granada TCAs

Post by CosworthBob53 »

I have a bit of a dilema which I hope someone on here might be able to help me resolve.

Currently I have for sale on a famous auction site a pair of TCAs which was purchased by mistake in that they are supposed to be for the 4 x 4 models including Sierra as confirmed by the respective manufacturers online catalogue. However, I have had messages from two watchers telling me my listing is not correct in that TCAs on 4 x 4 models have a pinch bolt fitting for the ball joint and not tapered.

Whilst the Ford Microcat does show the 2 types of ball joint fitting, it is not wholly clear if what I have been told is correct. Just about every online motor factor is advertising the 4 x 4 TCAs identical to those I have for sale and manufacturers such as Delphi, First Line, Moog, etc list identical TCAs.

My sale listing includes a photo showing the difference as I understand it, between the standard 2 WD TCA (a genuine Ford item) and those I am selling and that photo is attached.

I am a little confused and not having owned a 4 x 4 model, am unable to verify the position. I find it somewhat hard to beleive that all the aftermarket manufacturers and suppliers would be listing and selling TCAs for 4 x 4 models that are incorrect from the outset. If the TCAs I have for sale are not for the 4 x 4 models and are intended for 2WD models, then why should there be a difference in the location of the ball joint from the anti roll bar connection compared to the Ford item. Anyone any ideas. The Ford Microcat also shows the same TCAs for Sierra models. Is it possible that those I have for sale are for sale Excort models.

Bob
Attachments
IMG_20190923_174655612.jpg
davew

Re: Mark 3 Granada TCAs

Post by davew »

Hi Bob, the watchers are probably correct - as the 4X4 do have 'unusual' TCAs.... and Microcat is not always correct either...
Maybe you are correct that it is off some other Ford vehicle though (?)
CosworthBob53

Re: Mark 3 Granada TCAs

Post by CosworthBob53 »

Hi Dave

Having looked into this further I have found one online seller with 4 x 4 arms with the pinch bolt fitting whereas many others are showing arms with tapered balljoint. The one with the pinch bolt seems to be the same length as those I have for sale so I suppose it is always possible that the wrong ball joints were fitted at the factory. Interestingly, my research seems to suggest a similar or the same arm also appears on some early Mazdas; I am checking into that a bit further. I will get to the bottom of this eventually.

Bob