Unable to open bonnet , Heres How

Problems with your Mk3 Granada

Moderators: Garry Bottomley, Kevin

Garry Bottomley
Webmaster

Unable to open bonnet , Heres How

Post by Garry Bottomley »

You pull the bonnet release lever and nothing happens . I used this method to open the bonnet of a Mk3 cosworth in approx 1.5 Hrs . The post is in the " Mk3 Technical Info " section . This section is available only to members logged into their account so offers some security protection .
davew

Re: Unable to open bonnet , Heres How

Post by davew »

Cheers Garry, good method (and no angle grinder needed either !); I now plan to squirt some 'freeing oil' on those Torx ASAP... just in case !
Kaptajnen

Re: Unable to open bonnet , Heres How

Post by Kaptajnen »

Nice to see new posts still arise !!
I will check my bonnet release as well- as the bonnet have been open/closed ALOT the last 3 months.

I have A couple of things I would like to do to my Scorpio - perhaps some future contributions to the technical forum!
fergie20

Re: Unable to open bonnet , preventative measure

Post by fergie20 »

For anyone who has not renewed the bonnet cable or don't wish to do so yet, think about fitting a fail safe cable or wire to the lock and run the cable over the r/h radiator top outlet and down far enough to be able to reach from under the front of the car without it being visible to all and sundry.
Simple to do, remove the top half of the fan cover and the lock lever is visible. Use some 2.5mm multi strand electric cable from a sparky friend if you have one or get about 1m cable from a diy store or electrical wholesaler.