My Cosworth and work done to it in the last 5 years

Post your pictures here

Moderators: Garry Bottomley, Kevin

CosworthBob53

My Cosworth and work done to it in the last 5 years

Post by CosworthBob53 »

Ok, thought it was about time I uplifted some pics of my pride and joy.

The car has on the whole, been a daily use car and in many respects, a workhorse. Despite that, no expense has been spared in keeping it in good order. I have done so much that it is hard to know where to begin so, I will list everything that has now been replaced first:
Wheel bearings all round; driveshafts and cv joints; discs and pads all round; rear brake callipers; handbrake cable; all flexi brake hoses; rear shocks, springs and bump stops; front struts, springs, top mounts and bearings; front lower track arms with new poly bushes (inner and outer); anti-roll bar bushes front and rear; rear drop links and beam plates; steering rack, track rod ends, power steering pump (rebuilt), all power steering hoses, rubber damper and universal joint on steering linkage; steering column bushes/bearings; rear trailing arm bushes replaced with poly ones; rear beam mounting rubbers replaced with poly ones; timing chain tensioner and oil check valve; water pump and thermostat; cam cover seals; plenum gaskets; coil pack; plugs (NGK Platinum) and HT leads (8mm silicon); EGR valve and pipework; most of the coolant hoses; radiator; front mounted electric fan; crankcase breather valve and connecting hose; all vacumn hoses; viscous fan; starter motor; alternator; Edis6 module; all engine sensors; propshaft centre bearing and universal joints; recent new torque converter; door and footwell lights replaced with LED versions; LED bulbs in interior lights; all exterior bulbs upgraded to LRD; headlamp bulbs replaced with Osram Nightbreaker Laser (the best super white out of all of them available – as near as one can get to HID); wiper blades changed to flat versions; stereo system (now a high power top of the range Alpine) and all speakers (high power mid/base units in front doors with tweeters mounted on top of dash and custom made plinths with again high power mid/base units and separate tweeters.

In addition to the above the work carried out by me is quite extensive and comprises of:
Underside sand blasted, re-primed, coated in backed on enamel and stone chipped; rear beam and lower arms sand blasted, primed and coated in enamel; brake dust shields de-rusted and repainted in enamel; diff mount poly bushed; rear wheels de-cambered; cam covers just been re-painted along with plenum chamber; cooling system gaskets and O ring seals renewed; all A/C pipe-work O ring seals replaced (just done); fuel injectors refurbished and fuel pressure regulator replaced; throttle body refurbished; fuel tank de-rusted and painted; chrome arch covers fitted (not to hide rusted arches); full RS body kit fitted (recently re-painted but was a crap job so need re-doing); front and rear bumpers recently re-painted but again crap job); front fog lights refurbished; super bright LED DRLs fitted front and rear; additional 55 watt reversing light fitted; reversing sensors fitted; high level LED brake light fitted; rear roller blind fitted; front door rain deflectors fitted; custom made discreet boot lip spoiler fitted; boot carpet and underlay replaced; wheels refurbished (did it myself in my shed but could do with a professional refurb now); gearbox re-built and new torque converter fitted; head lining replaced; various black dash parts professionally painted in a wood finish to match existing; recent exhaust replacement with custom made stainless rear box and pipe-work; bonnet re-painted (again a crap job though so needs re-doing); complete engine wiring loom re-wired (will do the gearbox loom in the next few weeks). My spare diff is currently being rebuilt and should be fitted within the next few weeks. I will also be replacing the secondary gearbox oil cooler

All electrics on the car work as they should including sunroof and cruise. Will shortly be fitting heater elements in the rear electrically adjusted seat. All the back leather is in excellent condition; no scuffs, tears rips etc.

Once I can get the engine running properly after the crap job done by a garage recently (see my thread on that) I will upload some more pics. Next year I am looking to have a full body re-spray done
Attachments
IMG_20180622_183155458.jpg
IMG_20180622_183123881.jpg
IMG_20180622_183058266.jpg
CosworthBob53

Re: My Cosworth and work done to it in the last 5 years

Post by CosworthBob53 »

One of the pictures disappeared so its now attached.
Attachments
IMG_20180622_183209440.jpg
dutchtdk

Re: My Cosworth and work done to it in the last 5 years

Post by dutchtdk »

It is nice Bob, you have done more to yours than I have done on mine.
I did try those slimline wipers once, but I didn't get on with them personally...
I have a proper respray on my list as well, but I want a 10 grand sprayjob - complete strip & chemical dip, etc... One day...
A labour of love, Enjoy!